Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Mortgage Disclosure Specialist (Title Agent Experience a Plus)
Tampa, Florida, FL 33602 United States
U.S. residents AND non-U.S. residents may apply
Mortgage Disclosure Specialist (Title Agent Experience a Plus)
Since our founding in 1935 during the Great Depression, GTE Financial, a not-for-profit financial cooperative, has evolved into one of the largest locally owned and operated financial institutions in Tampa Bay, with $1.5 billion in assets. And while we are proud of our history and our excellent reputation for stability, it gives us equal satisfaction to know that our team members thrive in a collaborative environment that encourages them to share their ideas, opinions and suggestions. It is this mutual respect and give-and-take that have helped GTE Financial become recognized as an employer of choice in our area.
Under the direction of the Processing Manager, the Mortgage Disclosure Specialist is responsible to provide timely and accurate disclosures on potential new retail and wholesale mortgage products for the credit union. This position works in a fast-paced environment and is responsible for the coordination and completion of all government, regulatory, and compliance documents within the mortgage department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs all responsibilities in accordance with current organization goals, standards and service level agreements (SLA's). Responsible for the coordination and completion of all government, regulatory, and compliance documents within the mortgage department.
• Provides timely and accurate disclosures on potential new retail and wholesale mortgage products for the credit union. Not limited to but including review of fees, escrows, prepaid, mortgage insurance, etc
• Knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional and Construction lending and appropriate program specific disclosure requirements.
• Prepares initial disclosures and re-disclosures within 3 days of application or change from initial and verifies accuracy of fees to mitigate TRID, RESPA and ECOA violations.
• Submits 3 day denials and prepares, distributes adverse action to members.
• Ensure compliance with all Federal regulations and disclose correct information to members as required by law. All work responsibilities are subject to performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational goal and production planning.
• Responsible for verifying application data to ensure it is accurate including product type and the amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment by utilizing documentation provided and required.
• Validates loan information to include verification of employment, verification of deposit accounts, and all liabilities to prepare an application for final approval and clears conditions as appropriate.
• Run and review Drive fraud detection report
• Order appraisals / title / flood cert confirm accuracy of property address and all 1003 data entry to include required Hmda data.
• On FHA loans, obtain FHA Case numbers as needed.
• Request condo questionnaire
• Verify to make sure the correct appraisal fees, admin fees, and application fees are being charged, processed and disclosed per property type and region and other relevant criteria.
• Knowledge with all annual and monthly fees associated with FHA, VA, USDA and Conventional PMI
• Enter Title/Escrow company on the Settlement Service Provider List
• Monitor TPO website for new production
Other Job Functions:
• Engage in weekly or bi-weekly team meetings, conference calls, and events as assigned.
• Retains and enhances mortgage acumen and specifically maintain knowledge of mortgage products and services offered by the credit union.
• Must demonstrate a functional knowledge of Federal laws, including but not limited to: U.S. Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets & Control, Anti-Money Laundering, Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Bank Bribery Act.
• Cross-train in order to perform other duties assigned.
• Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
• Abide by all policies, procedures, and protocols outlined in the departmental, GTE Financial employee, operational and administrative policy manuals.
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work performed and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of an employee in this job. Job duties can change at any time as directed by management. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Excellent time management skills.
• High sense of urgency.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to determine the best course of action within a wide array of choices.
• Exhibit professional image.
• Exhibits leadership skills.
• Able to sit, communicate via telephone, type and read a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• May also require standing, stooping and reaching.
• Non-strenuous daily activity and prolonged sitting.
• Extensive typing, filing, and writing.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
• Minimum 1-3 years' experience or a combination of education and mortgage experience.
• Understanding of acceptable FNMA/Freddie Mac documentation requirements and calculations desired
Employees of GTE Financial also enjoy competitive pay and outstanding benefits that include:
• Vision—no cost to employee
• Long-term and Short-Term Disability
• Optional Cancer, Accident, Critical Illness, and Short Term Disability.
• Basic Life—no cost to employee
• Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Coverage
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• 401k - will match 100% up to 3%
• Incentive Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Competitive Paid Time Off
• 10 Company recognized Holidays
• Education Reimbursement
• Onsite Wellness Center and Wellness Center Manager
• Financial Benefits
Come join us as we look forward to the next 80+ years of growth, achievements and success.
As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer,
GTE Financial welcomes and encourages diversity as a vital part of our business strategy.
job seeker links
Bankjobs.com™ is a subsidiary of Careers, Inc. ©1996-2017