Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Multifamily Underwriting Manager
Mc Lean, VA 22067 United States
Only current U.S. residents will be considered
Position OverviewThe Multifamily Credit Risk Oversight Manager is responsible for the review and oversight of a wide range of underwriting and asset management functions for complex, rapidly growing multifamily loan portfolio.
The team prepares post-purchase credit recommendations and valuations to ensure credit quality of portfolio and accurate assessment of portfolio risk. The team performs ongoing risk analysis for multifamily portfolio, ensuring timely risk detection and appropriate monitoring, and provides feedback to senior management for decision process improvements.
The Manager receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Acts as an advisor to team members to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Follows established directions and works under minimal supervision.
Specific Duties* Prepare post-purchase credit recommendations and valuations to ensure credit quality of portfolio and accurate assessment of portfolio risk.
* Perform ongoing risk analysis for multifamily portfolio and counterparties, ensuring timely risk detection and appropriate monitoring, and provides feedback to senior management for decision process improvements.
* Review of internal valuations, third-party appraisals, and physical condition reports.
Qualifications* Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Real Estate with a concentration in Finance, or equivalent experience
* 8+ years related experience
* Experience working in the multifamily mortgage industry or financial institutions
* Ability to work within an established review process, ability to prioritize tasks, capable of handling multiple tasks at once to meet timelines and due dates
* Ability to understand credit issues and aggregate information
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Skills* Advanced studies/degree
* Multifamily underwriting and valuation experience
* Clear, concise business writing skills
* Effective and well-organized verbal and written presentation skills
* Must have good communications skills
Closing StatementToday, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
job seeker links
Bankjobs.com™ is a subsidiary of Careers, Inc. ©1996-2017