Home / Jobs
Job: Compliance Specialist, First Volunteer Bank, Chattanooga, TN
Chattanooga, TN 37402 United States
Only current U.S. residents will be considered
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO:
Chief Risk Officer
• Coordinates with Credit Administration, Loan Operations, and the Compliance Officer to ensure credit products and services are offered and maintained in a compliant manner.
• Maintains a monitoring program to ensure credit compliance risks are appropriately identified, assessed, and mitigated.
• Provides reports and communication to appropriate departments and individuals to document the management of the credit compliance risks and effectiveness of the monitoring program.
• Assists applicable departments and individuals to implement and maintain compliant credit policies and procedures.
• Consults with applicable departments and individuals to improve the efficiency of compliance controls without compromising effectiveness.
• Manages compliance with the flood rules.
• Manages the HMDA reporting process.
• Manages the CRA reporting process.
• Conducts compliance training to ensure bank personnel maintain an appropriate understanding of existing credit regulations and bank controls.
• Assists departments and individuals in resolving specific credit compliance issues and questions.
• Prepares periodic management reports as assigned.
• Completes special projects as assigned; completes a variety of analyses and studies as assigned.
• Is involved in the effort to improve the compliance environment through comments, letter writing and other efforts influencing the regulatory process.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee may occasionally experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time
• View financial reports and numerical data.
• View computer monitors.
• Intermittent keyboarding.
• Standing for presentations
Employees in this job are required to travel to branch locations, seminar and conference locations, vendor sites and other locations.
Work is performed in a corporate office environment.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
• 3 years of related experience
• Thorough knowledge of credit regulations, rules, and Interagency guidance.
• Demonstrated analytical and technical skills regarding banking business operations.
• Skilled in managing compliance risk, including demonstrated success in implementing mitigating controls.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of standard and specialized computer hardware and software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite to provide effective reports and communication.
• Demonstrated verbal and written presentation skills and training abilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
job seeker links
Bankjobs.com™ is a subsidiary of Careers, Inc. ©1996-2017