Retail Banking_Customer Service_Teller
Home / Jobs
Job: Teller/CSR, South Atlantic Bank, Mt. Pleasant, SC
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464 United States
Competitive wage commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits discussed during interview.
Only current U.S. residents will be considered
Retail Banking/Customer Service/Teller
South Atlantic Bank is growing and expanding its presence in the Mt. Pleasant/Charleston area! We are seeking an outgoing, detail-oriented and customer service focused professional to assist our clients with their banking needs.
Works as both a Teller and a Customer Service Representative (CSR) as needed within the branch. Processes customer transactions, receives and disburses cash accurately, maintains a cash drawer and balances daily. Maintains professionalism, efficiency and accuracy in accordance with federal guidelines and banking policy. Interacts with customers to ensure banking needs are met. Sells and cross-sells products and services, entering new account information into the system. Maintains existing accounts. Exercises judgment with moderate supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Completes all transactions in accordance with established procedures
• Accepts business and personal deposits, loan payments and items for collection
• Cashes checks and processes savings withdrawals with authorized limits
• Redeems bonds and bond coupons
• Prepares appropriate cash in/out or debit/credit tickets for cash transactions
• Handles other services such as official checks and cash advances
• Processes mail deposits and handles night depository procedures (receiving, processing, and returning customer bags)
• Contacts customer regarding overdrafts and non-sufficient funds (teller item or charge back)
• May process large and complicated deposits for commercial customers
• Applies good compliance, security confidentiality, safety habits and internal guidelines at all times
• Balances cash drawer daily with accuracy (maintaining authorized cash limits); balances and supplies the ATM; balances and mails tax deposits
• Proactively and consistently delivers excellent customer service and follows up in a timely manner with customers as needed
• Interacts with other departments in a professional manner
• Maintains customer confidentiality at all times
• Perceptive to customer wants and needs. Asks appropriate questions to gain understanding and refers customers to other areas in the branch as applicable
• Responds to customer inquiries in person, on the phone and through email and creates positive solutions
• Establishes customer information files and opens personal and business accounts
• Assists customers with any changes, account maintenance issues, reconciliation or complaints. Researches and resolves any problems.
• Assists customers with ancillary products and services including but not limited to debit cards, online banking, direct deposit, safe deposit box, wire transfer and night depository.
• Promotes bank services and cross-sells bank products
• Understands and follows all security and compliance policies and procedures within area of responsibility
• Demonstrates a professional attitude in actions, dress and communication
• Shows a willingness to take on new challenges
• Actively participates in branch and other meetings as requested
• Demonstrates willingness to assist co-workers as part of a branch team
• Understands and follows all bank policies and procedures (including attendance)
• Responsible for backing-up Teller Supervisor, Customer Service Representative, and/or other branch staff member as requested
• May perform other duties as needed as requested by Teller Supervisor or Branch Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge: Must be a high school graduate or equivalent with good knowledge of basic math. Additional banking or general business courses would be helpful. Knowledge of banking products and services is preferred.
Experience: One year cash handling and customer service background are required. Teller and/or CSR experience is preferred. Experience in other banking areas is an asset. Service-oriented exposure to customer relations and problem resolution is essential.
Skills: Ability to perform basic math calculations is essential. Well-developed verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be able to exercise good judgment and sell products and services based on customer needs. Administrative, data entry, calculator and computer skills including Microsoft Office are required. Excellent customer relations skills and a professional image are necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required speak, hear, stand and to use hands to grasp and feel (dexterity). The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, bend, kneel, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, visual concentration, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
job seeker links
Bankjobs.com is a subsidiary of Careers, Inc. ©1996-2017