Home / Jobs
Job: Business Application Analyst, EagleBank, Silver Spring, MD
Business Application Analyst
Silver Spring, MD 20904 United States
Only current U.S. residents will be considered
Banking & Information Technology
Administers and serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for several critical bank systems. Systems include, but are not limited to, Customer Relationship Management system, Loan Pricing, Loan Origination and Loan Administration solutions, Cold report and Imaging system, Secure Automated File Transfer systems and SharePoint Intranet site. Position acts as the primary technical POC (Point of Contact) for business development and customer relationship managers. Understands internal customer needs and provides end user support for the CRM, Lending banking systems, intranet and imaging system.
• Reviews internal system change requests, analyzes impact to processes and policies, compares options available, recommends solutions and documents detailed software requirements and technical specifications.
• Design solutions to address new processes and work with IT and other Application Management resources to obtain or provide data or reporting.
• Conducts training group sessions in person, via web conferencing or video conferencing.
• Maintains system configuration, security controls, business workflows and bank licensing purchased and custom documents.
• Review vendor notifications regarding changes for impact to our customized solution, evaluates impact to solution and adherence to policies, provides feedback to Business Unit(s) impacted, modifies software and releases changes after testing. Provide vendor with recommendations to system improvements to meet the bank’s strategic goals.
• Provides software development support including respond to operational issues, define testing requirements, perform initial validation testing of functionality, ensure data integrity, coordinate end user acceptance testing, coordinates vendor releases and manages major system upgrades.
• Monitors system performance, activity volumes, system errors, etc. to achieve a stable solution environment by taking corrective actions and ensure system is meeting the bank’s needs.
• Provides application end user support for all systems assigned and researches system functionality to troubleshoot issues and addresses questions on system workflows. Works with application vendor support staff, network vendor engineers and internal IT staff on application issues.
• Performs testing for DR/BCP and network system or operating system changes.
• Create sites on the intranet, modifies security rights, assist department site owners with customizations and update page content as requested by management.
• Maintains user security, creates new security groups, adds new report definitions, and modifies system settings.
• Subject matter expert on interfaces and data load elements to the assigned systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree in information management, computer science, business administration or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience in the area of application systems support or testing, business analysis or software implementation required.
• At least seven (7) years of financial institution or finance related experience.
• At least three (3) years of experience managing and supporting a complex software application for large user base (100+).
• Experience in one of the following:
o Software configuration, testing and support
o Business Analyst
• Candidate must have software application experience for mission critical software that is used by multiple business units.
• Microsoft SharePoint experience preferred.
• Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM application experience preferred.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
• Proven experience working with technical and business stakeholders to define and document business and technical requirements.
• Knowledge of data file import mapping to system application fields.
• Strong PC skills from on the job experience and computer training classes.
• Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Occasional travel, as required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with others while doing so.
• Ability to listen to business users, convey ideas effectively, understand, interpret and document business requirements to design and customize systems.
• Outstanding customer and interpersonal skills.
• Independent thinker with a solid ability to work through issues and escalate when appropriate.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, internal “customers”, vendors or users/trainees in a classroom setting, webinar or one on one training session.
• Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate effectively with nontechnical and technical business clients and teams.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of users who have varying levels of computer expertise.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to attend to minute details.
• Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
job seeker links
Bankjobs.com is a subsidiary of Careers, Inc. ©1996-2017