Home / Jobs
Job: SVP, Chief Financial Officer, North Texas Insurance and Financial Services
SVP, Chief Financial Officer
U.S. residents AND non-U.S. residents may apply
The Senior Vice President of Finance is responsible for leadership and oversight of the full financial operations. Responsibilities include development of financial management strategy, implementing and managing utilization and cost controls, performing financial analysis and analytics to support appropriate strategic and business decisions. In addition, this position will contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategic goals and objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive and review the short and long range financial planning, forecasting and budgeting process, assess the feasibility of plans, identify key risks and link these processes to the strategic direction of the business
• Identify the vision and develop mid to long term plans for the infrastructure, processes, systems and people needed to support fast growth environment and diversification into new insurance lines, distribution channels, products, structures, technologies, and geographies
• Ensure company initiatives are implemented to achieve optimum financial results
• Drive performance and initiate business and financial analytics to ensure performance within the strategic plans of the organization
• Oversee financial and cost analysis of planned financial objectives, identify corrective actions and partner with key stakeholders to ensure implementation of corrective actions
• Participate in and provide strategic direction on potential business and new product development opportunities
• Ensure optimal revenues and identify areas for cost/productivity improvements
• Manage, coordinate and oversee financial analysis of insurance costs
• Review the accuracy and timeliness of the preparation of monthly financial statements
• Plan, conduct and direct work on complex projects, business development opportunities necessitating the origination and application of new and unique financial planning models
• Evaluate and champion opportunities that improve cost structure and competitiveness
• Build credible and effective relationships across the organization to implement best practices, strong financial capabilities and efficient operations
• Evaluate and give guidance to staff on an ongoing basis as to their abilities and duties and make optimum use of team talent.
• Responsible for all aspects of team's talent development including coaching, performance and salary reviews, assessment, workforce planning, etc.
• Manage the day to day billing and collections functions
• Provide ad-hoc, regular financial performance reporting, and variance analysis to executive team
• Other duties as assigned
• Property & Casualty insurance experience required!
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in insurance accounting including both GAAP and Statutory disciplines
• Minimum 5 years’ of corporate leadership roles including responsibility for insurance financial planning, operations and analysis
• Strong team leadership experience and ability to lead large groups of employees
• Demonstrated track record in providing financial leadership in a complex business, serving as a strategic business partner
• Ability to understand and assess complex market conditions and cost improvements
• Exhibit strong understanding of business strategies and financial planning
• Progressive staff management experience
• A good educator who is willing to share information and serve as a mentor
• An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
• A strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
• Ability to consistently demonstrate integrity, prudence, high energy, initiative, and self-confidence
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and industry related software programs
• Matrix environment experience preferred
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
job seeker links
Bankjobs.com is a subsidiary of Careers, Inc. ©1996-2017